Saturday 2 August 2014

Cultural effect model- how could i apply this to my own work?

The Cultural effects model looks at mass media and what effect it has on the audience, entwining with the audience theories we have looked at, such as the two step flow and the hypodermic needle theory(although this theory is out of date and not often used).


This theory looks at the argument that the media's influence on it's audience on long periods of time can influence how the audience look at society and also how they can think, for example the representation of the female gender has changed how it was viewed 20 years ago to how we view the 'ideal woman' now (eg the change from Marylyn Monroe to such 'role models' as Miley Cyrus)




 By taking this theory in practice to my own work, I would say that I can use this theory in a positive way. My narrative is all about how a woman cannot live without her man, and does indeed go to extremes to be with him again, I know she does this by killing herself, i'm not suggest that's what I want people to do, quite the opposite. What I would like to do is to show the message of how love, true love is not uncommon if you look in the right places, and when you find it, do hold on to it and try your best to not let it go, for instance this message can be shown with the idea that the woman and man have broken up (pretend in MY narrative he did not die) and it shows how the woman is then being rational and intellectual by trying her best to fight for what she loves (pretending that she doesn't kill herself, like she does in MY narrative)




- By looking at this theory it has allowed me to then understand what I would need to do in order to send out a message in my music video when I come to creating it, meaning that hopefully this will aid myself so  I can achieve the best possible grade.

No comments:

Post a Comment