Wednesday 8 October 2014

Inspiration for my Music video

When I was listening to the song, my initial idea was to the narrative which ended badly, for example with my post regarding my pitch ideas, the narrative I created showed how the woman felt trapped in the relationship and found it hard to leave him because it would break his heart, although she did it anyway.

My actual narrative now, does indeed have elements from my pitch within this narrative (only this time she don't want to leave him, she wants to be with him) being a teenage girl, I enjoy my chick-flicks so of course they came to be good inspiration.


Eternal sunshine of a spotless mind:


This film I used because it's all about a man who goes to a clinic to have memories of a past lover removed, only half way through the process he decides that he doesn't want to lose her, and so he tries to include her in memories that she doesn't belong in, for example his childhood.)

I used this similar idea with the flashes back and forth between reality (packing up his things and the hand held 'home movie' of the husband filming her unpacking their new house) because I believe it will allow audience members to link themselves to the characters, because although not all of us have been married and lost our other half, we have all broken up with someone, or lost a loved one, meaning that audience members will be able to reflect off of the emotions I hope to show to my target audience (already established in other blog posts)



Titanic:

I know my music video does not include any ships, and floats made out of doors, but the initial idea that 'my heart will go on' tugs on my heartstring, specially the ending which shows rose being reunited with jack on the titanic in her beautiful dress.

I wanted to use something similar, to show to audiences that, although it is cliché, love can last a lifetime, and in the after-life, which is the reason why I decided to have my characters reunite in their own little piece of heaven, just as Jack and Rose met on theirs.


Kiss:

Kiss a book which I read as a child, with the narrative of a girl who falls in love with her childhood friend, who is confused about his sexuality and ends up being the centre of bulling because of that.

I know my narrative doesn't contain anything to do with confusion of sexuality, but a key point within this book is that both the female and male protagonist finds peace with a series of novels they began writing at a young age in a shed which became their 'kingdom of ice and show'

Although my narrative is not set in Narina, the characters I constructed had their own 'kingdom of flowers and grass' which will be shown in photographs and also flash-backs to when the couple were happy and full of life.



Whiskey:

This isn't the title of a song or a film, I literally mean the drink. From all the stories you hear over social media and from those around you, drinking whiskey in particular is seen to be used to block out memories of things you wish to forget, and can lead to awful behaviour and addiction. Alcohol



is also seen to be Dutch courage under circumstances, and this is why Whiskey is an inspiration towards my music video (no I didn't drink it when I was storyboarding) because it shows how my female protagonist is at the end of her tether, and doesn't know what way to turn or what to do, meaning that when she turns to a bottle of Whiskey, it shows connotations about how she has been thinking about seeing her husband once again, and just needed some courage in order to see him one more time.


No comments:

Post a Comment