Tuesday 7 October 2014

Design ideas for my digipack



Something like this layout would be good idea, as it links within the lyrics 'bloodstains in the snow' and the imagery also shows a guitar, which is the main instrument that the artist, and also his entire album uses, which allows audiences to understand the link between the artist and his merchandise



This design also links within the key conventions of an indie pop music video as it  looks at elemental locations, which are quite realistic (for example we have all seen a fence in the snow) however the snow does not link to the locations I will be using in my own music video, which might confuse the audience members. When looking at layout, I would place the guitar on the left hand side of the digipack, with the single figure to be masked by the Cd, and the song lists to be on the right hand side. I thought of the font to be easy to read, (Such as Trebuchet) as it allows the audience be able to read it. I would also have the font red because it would link to the lyrics 'Bloodstains in the snow' as the red font would be on a white background, which would be the snow, allowing audiences to understand how, although from first glance, the digipack design and the music video seem not to link, when they actually think about the lyrical meaning, which is what the artist wishes the audience would do with his songs, it allows them to then actually understand the links.









By using a template such as this, it allows me to still link towards the conventions, for instance, the male and female are seen in a loving embrace in the woods and she is holding flowers, which links to the narrative (love) and also the key conventions found in an indie pop music video (elemental areas)




My idea, if I was to use something similar to this image, the song list would be placed on the right hand side, with the lovers on the left, leaving the Cd to be in the middle, which would be on the back ground of the woodland area, still keeping with the conventions. The font would be something easy to read ( Such as Courier) in black ink, because the design in rather important within this music video, and therefore I would like my audiences to be drawn to the imagery before they are greeted with the song list (the songs would not be the examples I have used, I was rather hungry when I created this)

No comments:

Post a Comment