Friday 19 December 2014

Question Four: How did you use mew media technologies in the construction and research, planning and evaluation stages?


The technologies that i used to create my product were as follows:

-Video camera

-Imovie

-Photoshop

-Internet (various websites)

 

Research and planning:

When creating my products, I spent a lot of time working on the internet researching into real media products from my chosen artist, and also my chosen genre (indie pop).  YouTube was the most used website for my research because as this course is about music videos, and because of the way YouTube has been construed, it allowed me to repeat and re-watch music videos that I was analysing in order to make sure that my analysis was accurate.


Although during my research I used the internet, when it came to lighting, costumes, locations etc. I used a HD camera in order to understand what these items would look like on the screen, because how the item looks in real life, it doesn't always look like that on camera. I was also able to take this technology out for some 'test shots' which allowed me, whilst planning my music video to understand what shots would look ideal, and what shots wouldn't look good.

 



Construction:
The technology that i used for creation were iMovie and Photoshop. I used iMovie to create my photographic storyboard, my audition piece for actors, my lip sync tests, my animation storyboard, and all three rough cuts including the final cut. Without this advanced software, I wouldn't have been able to produce my work to the standard that is it on my blog, and therefore I relied heavily on this technology in the creation and development of my main product.

Photoshop also played a heavy part in my digipack and music advertisement, because without this advanced piece of technology, I wouldn't have been able to add effects, text and different styles to the photos I had taken.

The technology that i used for creation was blogger and iMovie once again.

This technology allowed me to present my work in the most organised way and also in a way that the examiner would be able to follow my trail of thought and my reasoning why.

 

Evaluation:

Again with my evaluation questions I used IMovie to edited together my reasoning and evidence towards them (for example visual aid with my justification) and also Blogger to present my coursework. By using Blogger it allowed me to have a clear and understandable layout to allow others to follow my though-process and progression throughout this year with my advanced portfolio.

No comments:

Post a Comment