Thursday 18 December 2014

Question Two: How effective is the combination of the main product, and the ancillary tasks?


The way i chose my products to link together was through the actors and the locations.


I decided to use the actors in the clothes that they are shown in the lip-sync parts of my main product, because i thought that the best way to link the products together, would be through the actors as the entire narrative of my main product is focused around their relationship and so is the song 'bloodstains'.


The links between my music video and magazine advertisements are made apparent by;
- The location matches where the pair were shot lip syncing
- The actors are stood holding hands which connotes their union however they are facing away which shows connotations of disruption in their relationship (the disruption being that he is dead)
*The screen shot is taken from my music video and shows the clear link between products.*

I thought by using this picture, it also held mystery for the audience because they are united (holding hands) but they are facing away from each other, which allows the audience to bring their own hypothesis to the product.


When looking at my digipack and how it links to my music video, it links because:
- it uses the actors within the music video who represent the artist.
- the locations where used within my main product
- there is a divide from the two lovers (the cd) which connotes that their union hits disruption, which is the basic narrative of my main product.

I chose these picture to be on my digipack because it showed clear links to the main product through locations and actors. The locations also linked with the key conventions on a indie pop genre which are also shown within my main product. this also linked the two products together because both follow the brand that artist 'passenger' has created through video's such as, hearts on fire.


My two ancillary tasks link together because:
- they both use the same actors
- the locations are the same
- the digipack uses the magazine advert photo on the back cover with the song list.

I chose to do this because then audience members, if this was a real media product, would have recognized the advertisement, and therefore would make the link that it was the artist's merchandise.



No comments:

Post a Comment