Wednesday 17 September 2014

Casting infomation

My music video, although showing some themes that some viewers may find disturbing (for example the blood droplet at the end of the music video) there is no apparent threat, so therefore when it comes to casting, it should be easier to find people willing to take part.


When it comes to the female auditions, I will have to ask the actors to learn the chorus of the song 'bloodstains' in order to see how their mouths move so then I know how lip syncing will be when it comes to editing. With the actor's appearance, I am not fussed as I'm not looking for a super model, I'm looking for someone who can work well with other people, and has a good grasp on lip syncing. This is the style of person I am looking for (the blonde girl not the crocodile)




Looking towards the male auditions, again I am not fussed on what the male looks like, just as long as they are able to be directed, and can work well with others, for example, myself and the female actor.  The male is also expected to lip sync, and will be given the chorus of the song to perform, the male however should be aware of having to film themselves for certain points in the narrative (for example the home movies) and should have common sense as to not drop the camera. This would be the style of male that I would like to use, as I believe that would resemble the artist as best as possible.


Both parties will, ideally not be shy with each other, as they are supposed to be in love, and when they are shot together, this will entail both actors touching, and kissing each other. The actors should be made aware of this, and also the fact the kiss will not be a full on snog, most like a gentle loving peck on the lips, as I will be fading the music video out before any other action can happen (we can leave that to the imagination of the viewer)




Casting will occur on Saturday 4th of October between the hours of 12-4

The song will be given to those who audition before-hand with time to work on the song, they will then be called in one by one to lip sync, and also for some basic screen test (close ups and long shots) 


Those who are lucky will be emailed after decisions have been made, if you are not contacted within two weeks, unfortunately you were not casted.


No comments:

Post a Comment