Saturday 27 September 2014

Plot and narrative work

Within my music video, I have decided to create my narrative to reflect the lyrics, for example the plot behind the narrative is all about a love gone wrong, and how incomplete both parties feel, therefore I took this plot, and with my own ideas I created a narrative to fit this plot.

My narrative looks at a relationship from the female's perspective, and how her life was full of hope and happiness, until her partner is killed in an accident. The narrative then follows the female around switching between flashbacks, where she is happy and full of life with her partner, compared to the harsh reality of the partner being dead, with the female's depression growing and growing in time. The reality shows the female trying to get on with everyday life, but struggling he played such a big part in her life, she finds it hard to live without him, and in the end of the narrative is reunited with her partner.

The flashbacks are shown in a hand held camera and goes back to a memorable day for her with her partner, the flashbacks are also shown with cross-fades to show how she still thinks he is there, for example he walks in and helps around the kitchen, when she suddenly turns around and he isn't there anymore.

To show time passing, I will be crossfading the female with her actions, for example, she beings to place all of his things in a black bin-bag, then we will show her making drinks for two, turning around, and walking in and putting on his jacket because she misses him.

With this narrative I decided to use the theory of 'Tzvetan Todorov' which suggests narrative start with a state of 'equilibrium in which life Is 'normal' to then be disrupted
*In regards to my narrative the equilibrium is shown in the flashbacks of when the couple was alive and happy, and the disruption to be his death.*

No comments:

Post a Comment