Friday 19 September 2014

My Favourite music videos


- 'All of the stars' by Ed Sheeran: This is my forth favourite music video because although there is no narrative, I find that it is very powerful, for instance the song itself is a love song, and the video shows very emotional and powerful quotation which, for me personal, one, sum up the film the song was created for, and two, it also just brings me up when I feel disheartened. - 'This is gospel' by Panic at the disco I like this music video because although it just shows mostly the artist, the way it has been constructed is brilliant, for example the timing of all the hands as the doctors checking for pulses and putting needles in his arm. Also when the song builds up to the chorus, the singer burst forward from the hands and the shot used really reflects the lyrics, which is something that I look for within a music video
- 'Rat a tat tat' by Fall out boy This music video is 9/11 of a whole series called 'the young blood chronicles' which showcases the album 'save rock and roll' spreads out a long narrative in 11 different music videos. I like this one from the entire narrative because there is always something going on, and there is always movement from or behind the camera, meaning that it keeps me interested because there is always something going on.
- 'Mirrors' by Justin Timberlake This music video always makes me cry, it doesn't matter who I am with at the time when I watch the video, I will always cry. The narrative is constructed brilliantly, and seeing how I'm not a fan of the artist, this music video works with its purpose to entertain the audience, because I will remember the music video, and therefore I will remember the song as well as the artist.



By doing this task it allows me to take what I like from my favourites and re-create them with my own music video. With this inspiration I will hopefully be able to have a good narrative and good set of camera shots/angles to use in my own music video which I would like to think would give me a good chance of getting a high grade.

No comments:

Post a Comment