Sunday 2 November 2014

Costume ideas and infomation





Female costume:  
The females costume I have decided again to have her in autumn clothing for most of the exterior shots, as that is the season I will be recording, and it would silly to film in summer clothing. The wife has many costume changes, as she changes from autumn clothing, to summer outfits (different dresses and skirts) and these costumes change with every location.   












I've decided to have the husband and wife to then join together in the same costume, for instance black jeans and a white top in their final costumes to symbolise Ying and Yang, because they are both finally together, it also has connotations of unison if they are both in the same set of costumes.



































Male's costume:

I have chosen these costume ideas for the role of the 'husband' because I believe that they are casual costumes which would suit the style of character, for instance the husband was basic, and lived a normal life, so by having the character dressed in casual clothing, It means that the audience will be able to relate to the character, instead of wonder why the basic character is in a costume that does not suit the genre of style of music video, for instance a penguin suit.





Both characters are linked with the colour red, which has connotations of passion and love, which aid the characters connection of being husband and wife.




















By doing this exercise, it allows me to then have an idea of what I want my characters to look like, so then my actors are not just turning up in whatever they please. It also allows me to explore how much a costume can affect the piece, for example colours.










No comments:

Post a Comment