Friday 14 November 2014

Lighting my music video

As most of my locations are exterior, I will be relying on the natural lighting in my locations, meaning that I will have to know exactly when the sun will set, reach dusk and also when it will be at full light in order to film to the best that I can.

I plan to film around midday, as it will the sun to be at full capacity, which would then allow my shots to have the amount of lighting needed to create the contrast within my narrative (for instance, in the reality shots, I want to use low key lighting because then it shows connotations of the woman's depression of her husband's death, and also then shows, in the flashbacks with the high key lighting, how everything was fine when he was alive.)

I plan to film the exterior shots in two days as for some shots I would like the lighting to be a little more warm (yes I know it sounds silly as I'm, talking about the suns natural light being warm) but by using dusk for the final shots (when she has joined him on the other side) it shows connotations of warmth and passion and is the sort of lighting that one would use in romantic films, which is what my narrative is in some way, a short film to accompany the soundtrack 'bloodstains'

- I know that I sounds silly filming exterior on two days when I can just film to the schedule of the sun, but as I am relying on natural light, if it happens that it rains on one of the days or is cloudy (touch wood) then I will have another day to then shoot and/or re-film shots if needed.

No comments:

Post a Comment