Tuesday 25 November 2014

Final Digipack idea


 
 
I decided to use these photos because, although I did not shoot near a small river, I did however use this for my final music advertisement, meaning that I have created a link between digipack and music advertisement just as the artist did with his debut album 'All the little lights' and recently 'Whispers'
The photo also fits with the generic key conventions of the indie pop genre my music video follows.
 
The use of the signpost saying 'Back Lane' on the extra panel, I thought looked very nice and as it the only photo with an effect, it stands out and shows connotations of the place to be significant, (which it is because it's the last road sign leading into my location) I know however that my target audience will not know this (unless they live locally) meaning that I believe the use of this photo will make the audience look at it twice as it so out of place with all the nature, which shows the audience connotations of significance and that the road sign could link in with the artist or the narrative to my music video. It also lets the audience imagine what the sign could be in relevance to, allowing them to within the fantasy which is my music video, to create their own links and own assumptions of my narrative, which as an audience member would make the music video memorable which also leads to more viewings of the video, which ultimately would lead to sales of the song and album, concluding to be positive with the artist and his label.
 
The other photos (back cover and front cover) were shot on location. The back panel I chose to show part of a growing tree because the song itself 'bloodstains' is the exact opposite as it talks about how their love is ending and they know it, '...our love, let us on the go...' I used this because it challenges the lyrics so audience members can listen to the music and understand the lyrics with the emotions behind them, to then relate them to their own lives and misfortunes, and when they close the digipack, they can see the healthy growing tree which would show them connotations that sometimes we need to let things go in order for new things to grow. Just like the circle of life...
 
 
 
The final photo, is taken from a point of view shot which already allows the audience to feel welcomed to the digipack, as though the song is going to be relatable and personal, which connotes that the artist's song itself is very personal. It also sets the front panel well because, not only does it fit with the conventions of a indie pop genre, but it also shows a pathway with darkness in the distance, which shows connotations for the character of the girl, and that she is walking to a dead end, which is also foreshadowing the outcome of the music video, and also the lyrics '... To break our hearts'



However, having now gaining feedback from my digipack, I was informed that there is no apparent link to the song or even my locations for the audience to understand and recognise from first glance. I have now decided to change that and apply different photos of props used within the music video, such as the photo of the two actors with candle wax, or even blood (fake I mean... I would like to gain a higher grade but I don't feel comfortable splitting a vein for it.)
 

No comments:

Post a Comment